IN THE LINE OF POWER
EFEN GmbH was founded in 1922 by Otto Frees in Neudorf, which today is known as Martinsthal. The original activities concentrated on the assembly of electrical fuses for the automotive industry. Very soon, the product portfolio was expanded by the production of fuses for all kinds of applications including current-limiting fuses for low- and medium-voltage power distribution systems.
Over the years EFEN introduced numerous pace-making products to the market, meeting customer requests for more compact dimensions, higher levels of operation and simple application.
EFEN was purchased by the WICKMANN-Group in 1985 and gradually took over their activities for medium-voltage fuse-links and fuse-bases
In April 1992 a second location, EFEN Uebigau, was established in eastern Germany.
EFEN Kaposvár Hungária Kft. took over the production of high-voltage fuses for the group and further sales activities for the Hungarian market in 1997. Three years later EFEN Polska Sp. z o.o. (Siemianowice) started sales activities for the Polish market. EFEN Dongguan Electrical Products Co., Ltd. was founded in 1999 and has been producing all products for the domestic Chinese market since 2001.
In January 2003 EFEN took over the business and production of Peterreins Schalttechnik GmbH Schwabach. By supplementing its product range by low voltage current transformers and switch- fuses, EFEN strengthened its market position and opened new sales routes into the Middle East and Africa.
At the start of 2006 the EFEN Group was bought by the Swiss Weber AG, a company belonging to the Hager Group.
In September 2018 EFEN moved its main office to the business quarter near the Frankfurt Airport. There EFEN has joined up with other divisions of the Hager Group.